Behind the Brand - Olive Oil Skincare Company
What started as home kitchen-made skincare for psoriasis relief turned into what we now know as Olive Oil Skin Care. Using natural ingredients and bringing a true passion for these products has come together to establish a full collection of incredible nourishment for the skin.
From hand soap to hair care, Olive Oil Skin Care is all-natural and safe for many skin types. And here, the founder is lathering us up with the details of how Olive Oil Skin Care came to be as she takes us behind the brand.
The Burning Questions
1. What made you decide to start your own brand and company? Where did the idea come from? What was the inspiration?
A family member suffered [from] psoriasis. It was aggravated by available soaps. Internet research indicated that olive oil-based natural soaps could provide a remedy. Used the suggested formulas in a kitchen setting- made all by hand and on the kitchen stove. The end product worked and did not aggravate psoriasis. Friends wanted the soap and it went from there and expanded into an entire range. Visits to Europe indicated the extent of potential products.
2. In one or two sentences, how would you describe your brand?
An all-natural brand based on ethically and environmentally responsible resourced ingredients.
3. Out of all your products, which is your personal favourite and why? (We know this is hard)
My personal favourite is the lemon-scented tea tree hand wash infused with microfine bamboo. It has a ‘triple play’ action.
- The microfine bamboo removes dirt and dead skin cells from the hand
- The olive oil helps regenerate the skin
- The lemon-scented tea tree essential oil acts as a mild disinfectant
Hands feel clean and smooth after application.
4. What motivates you on a day-to-day basis?
Approach every day as a good day no matter the circumstances. Problems don’t exist- they are all challenges that we can meet.
5. If you had a magic genie and were granted three wishes, what would they be?
- Ensure honesty in all communication at all levels
- Ensure equality irrespective of race, religion, gender
- Provide underprivileged youth with support and opportunities.
6. What have been your biggest work challenges or achievements, or your favourite story so far?
Too many to list. Every success is the result of a challenge and every success is an achievement and they are all equal irrespective of the perceived magnitude.
7. What's next on your horizon and any exciting plans?
Get people to understand that we are the custodians of [the] environment and what we need to do.
8. Describe your ideal Sunday morning, and yes, of course, you can include what’s for breakfast.
Early morning run, shower (of course) and a leisurely breakfast
9 .What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Problems are challenges.
The person, dead or alive, that you’d like to have coffee and a conversation with?
Favourite place you’ve visited?
Turkey and Morocco.
Home Made Gnocchi.
What song gets you dancing?
Twist and Shout (oldie but a goodie).
Do you drink coffee or tea? If neither, how do you function?
If you were stranded on a deserted island and you could have only 1 3 items, what would they be? (How could you possibly pick just one?).
- Range of Olive Oil Skin Care products
What makes you laugh the most?
If you could time travel, when / where would you go?
Last week so I could help people out.
What’s one thing we’d find on your bucket list?
Epicurean tour of Europe.
Whether you’re dealing with a skin condition like psoriasis or you simply want to bring more natural ingredients into your skincare routine, Olive Oil Skin Care has something for everyone.
Combining the nourishment of olive oil with the ancient art of aromatherapy, these products are worth a try.